Monday, January 9, 2012

Low-key.


this is fine if you need to keep it discreet
but personally I find it a little confining
it’s not fair we have scheduled times to meet
you’re leaving much to be desired

I don’t dare say a word
it might ruin this moment here with you
and that’s the last thing I want to do

you’re comfortable with using me
as long as I don’t speak up
your hunger is devouring me
I cannot feed you enough

And I don’t dare disturb your peace
it might cause us to depart
and then you’ll break my heart

you’ll only kiss me when we’re alone
you always talk in code on the phone
what am I doing?
you’ll only meet for lunch in the park
and say, “I love you” in the dark
what am I losing?

I don’t dare say a word
your touch tells your resistance
I don’t dare tear you down
and destroy your perfect existence
and I don’t dare disturb your peace
because it might cause us to depart…
but you’ve already broken my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment